With summer lurking around the corner I can’t wait to share all my favorite salad recipes with you - starting now: A Mediterranean Styled Salad that features chopped romaine, arugula, cucumber, tomatoes, kalamata olives, red onion and an amazing Apple Camu Camu Dressing! This crisp, crunchy, and healthy summer salad is ready in just minutes - Perfect for all the busy bees among you!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Gluten free
- Easy and quick to make
- Healthy and refreshing
A big thanks to Amarumayu who sent me their super fruit juices for free to try out. They carry a Buriti and Camu Camu superfruit juice, packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Both are absolutely delicious and refreshing on their own. But they also make a great addition to your salad dressings! For this recipe we are using their Camu Camu juice to make the vinaigrette.
Besides a delicious taste, Amarumayu's mission is protecting our beautiful rainforest with its biodiversity, by using sustainable harvesting practices, helping mitigate climate change and empowering indigenous communities. Learn more about their work in the Amazon for yourself here.
This Mediterranean-styled salad is perfect for hot summer days! It has a beautiful balance of freshness and crunch, sweetness from the cherry tomatoes and umami from the kalamata olives. I like to top it off with some homemade marinated vegan feta and olives.
Storage and meal prep
- Refrigerator: Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days when kept in a covered container.
- Meal prep: The salad can be packed for meal prep and stored in multi-use glass containers for easy-to-go meals. Store the dressing separately from the salad. Toss together shortly before eating.
Summer Salad with Apple Camu Camu Dressing (vegan)
Apple Camu Camu Dressing
- 2 tablespoon AMARUMAYU's Apple & Camu Camu*
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
Summer Salad Ingredients
- 1 head of romaine lettuce
- A couple handfuls arugula
- 1 quartered cucumber
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup pitted kalamata olives
- ¼ thinly sliced red onion
- cubed, or crumbled vegan feta*
- 1 sliced avocado
- fresh parsley leaves
- To make the dressing combine all ingredients for the dressing in a small bowl, Whisk until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- To make the salad layer the romaine and arugula in a large serving bowl, or onto individual plates. Top with cucumber, olives, tomatoes, red onion, and vegan feta. Serve with sliced avocado and parsley. Drizzle dressing over salad and enjoy!
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.