Creamy, refreshing vegan pumpkin pie smoothie - blended with pumpkin puree, banana, nut butter, a spritz of buriti and cozy spices for a delicious breakfast or lunch! This tasty pumpkin smoothie recipe will be your new favorite to make during the cold season.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Cozy fall time flavors in a healthy drink
- Quick and easy breakfast, or lunch
- Creamy and oh so Pumpkin-y
This pumpkin pie smoothie is perfectly creamy, and wonderfully spiced so it actually tastes like you’re enjoying a slice of pumpkin pie. The sweet and tangy buriti gives it a refreshing sweetness. Plus, it’s healthy!
This smoothie is the perfect for using up leftover pumpkin puree after you’ve baked some fall time treats like pumpkin pie!
To make a healthy pumpkin pie styled smoothie, you will need a couple of ingredients:
- Frozen bananas
- Pumpkin puree
- A Medjool date
- Peanut butter, or other nut butter
- Seasoning: Vanilla, cinnamon, pumpkin spice
- Plant milk, such as almond, oat, or soy
- Fruit juice, like buriti or apple juice
A big thanks to Amarumayu who sent me their super fruit juices to try out. They carry a Buriti and Camu Camu superfruit juice, packed with vitamins and antioxidants. Both are absolutely delicious and refreshing on their own. BUT they also make a great addition to your salad dressings! For this Smoothie we are using their delicious Buriti juice.
The other reason why I love their brand, is because I fell in love with their mission. AMARUMAYU is protecting our beautiful rainforest with its biodiversity, by using sustainable harvesting practices, helping mitigate climate change and empowering indigenous communities. (I highly recommend you going on their Website and learn more about their work in the Amazon for yourself: www.amarumayu.com)
Vegan Pumpkin Pie Smoothie with Buriti
- 2 large frozen bananas
- ½ cup pumpkin puree (unsweetened), not pie filling
- 1 medjool date pitted and if needed softened
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter or other nut butter of choice
- ¼ cup Amarumayu's Buriti Juice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin spice optional
- ¼ cup oat milk or any other plant based milk
Toppings of your choice
- Granola, Pumpkin seeds, Pecan nuts, sliced banana, dried cranberries, Steamed or cooked squash/pumpkin pieces, nut butter etc.
- Place all ingredients except toppings in a blender. Blend until smooth. For an easy blend make sure to peel and quarter banana before freezing. I keep my frozen banana pieces in a reusable silicone bag in the freezer.
- Pour into a glass, or bowl and top with desired toppings. Enjoy!
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.