This green vegan Salad with Tofu Feta is healthy and quickly whipped together. This colorful salad will power you through your day. It travels well making it perfect for meal prep or potlucks!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- 4 Servings
- Travels well: perfect for meal prep or potlucks
- Healthy and easy plant-based salad
- With homemade tofu feta
- Full of vitamins and nutrients
This recipe uses 8 simple ingredients! You will need vegan feta cheese, olives (if wished), a broccoli head, cucumbers, Roma tomatoes, red onion, avocado and some balsamic vinegar.
You can use any vegan feta cheese you like. To make feta out of tofu follow this easy recipe.
Variations and serving suggestions
This easy salad is filling as is but also tastes great with warm pita bread on the side. Other great additions to this salad include chickpeas, salad greens and/or lettuce, baby spinach, fresh mint, and chopped parsley.
Since it travels well it is perfect for your meal prep. Bring it to your next potluck, or store it in lunch boxes and bring it to work for a healthy lunch option.
If you are making this salad as a meal prep for lunch wait to dress the salad until shortly before serving. Store balsamic vinegar in a small mason jar, or dressing container. Store salad in lunch box(es), sprinkle with lemon juice to keep it fresh and store in fridge over night. Carry in an insulated lunch bag to work, and store in fridge at work until ready to eat.
Otherwise, store covered in the fridge for up to 2 to 3 days.
Green Vegan Salad With Tofu Feta
- 1 cup cubed vegan tofu feta (ca. 160g / 5.6 oz)
- some kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 small head of broccoli (ca. 225g / 8oz)
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 roma tomatoes
- ½ small red onion
- 1 medium avocado
- balsamic vinegar to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- For this recipe, I assume that you have already prepared the vegan feta cheese, following this recipe (or you are using a store-bought variety).
- Prepare your vegetables by washing them. Peel and quarter cucumbers, cube tomatoes, cut broccoli into small florets, dice onion, peel and slice avocado.
- Mix everything in a large bowl. Add balsamic vinegar and toss. Serve as is or optionally, serve it together with pita bread that's been slightly toasted in the oven.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.