Quick and easy recipe for vegan Roasted Baby Potatoes and Cherry Tomatoes. Crispy and tender perfection that is bursting with flavor! A simple lime marinate, fresh onions, garlic cloves and rosemary fill the dish with amazing flavors. It is really easy to prepare, and especially great for feeding large groups because it doubles easily.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Easy to make
- Savory, tangy and sweet flavors
- Crispy perfection!
- Hearty, flavorful, and filling
👩🏽🍳 How to get potatoes crispy
The key to crispy roasted baby potatoes is simply a baking sheet and patience. I’m one of those cooks who love baking on a sheet lined with parchment because it quickens the clean-up. But! The sheet must be 'naked' if you want a crispy bite.
Potatoes get crispy when set cut-side down and baked in direct contact with the baking sheet first. To make sure they don't stick to the pan, grease the sheet beforehand and cover potatoes in oil.
Secondly, be patient! Allow your potatoes to roast in the oven undisturbed for at least 30 minutes, so they form a crust. Then flip onto the other side.
Third, do not overcrowd your baking sheet with potatoes. Make sure to use a sheet that is big enough for all the potatoes to have space.
📋 What to eat with roasted potatoes
Roasted potatoes are so versatile, and there is many things that go well with them. Here are some plant-based ideas on what to serve with them:
- Seitan Schnitzel
- Gardein's Vegan Fish Filets
- Gardein's Vegan Chick’n Scallopini
- Oven Roasted Vegan 'Salmon' Steaks
- Homemade Seitan Chicken
- Green Salad with Vegan Feta
- Steamed Broccoli
- Brussel Sprouts
- Air Fried Tofu Katsu
- Serve in a Buddha bowl
- Homemade Vegan Roast
For more plant-based ideas browse our recipe page.
Roasted Baby Potatoes and Cherry Tomatoes Recipe
- 700 grams small baby potatoes, yellow* (1.5 lbs)
- 280 grams cherry tomatoes (10 oz)
- 1 large sliced red onion
- 4-6 cloves of garlic*
- 1-2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 15 mililiters fresh lime juice (1 tbsp)
- rosemary, garlic and onion powder to taste*
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 240°C / 400°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Half baby potatoes, slice onion and peel garlic. Add potatoes, onion, and garlic to a bowl that is big enough to toss. Add remaining ingredients to the bowl: olive oil, fresh lime juice, cherry tomatoes, and seasonings, and toss well, until coated evenly. Pour onto a prepared baking sheet (lightly greased). Place the potatoes cut side down on the baking sheet before putting them in the oven. (Make sure to pick a big enough baking sheet.) Do not overcrowd your baking sheet otherwise.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes, or until potato skins are crispy and browned and centers are cooked through. Flip potatoes and bake for another 15 - 20 minutes. Enjoy!
The provided nutritional information is an estimate. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.