Indulgent and rich flourless Chocolate Brownies that are naturally gluten-free, vegan, and high in protein. If you are looking for a healthy treat that does not taste healthy at all, then you are in the right place!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy-free)
- Made with 7 simple ingredients
- Healthy, yet indulgent
- High in plant protein
👩🍳 How to replace flour in brownies
There are many ways how to replace the flour in brownies and depending on your taste and dietary needs. For this recipe, we chose a mix of cocoa powder and vegan chocolate-flavored protein powder. This mixture combined with the other ingredients makes for fabulously rich, chewy brownies.
🤔 What do flourless brownies taste like?
These flourless chocolate brownies are sweet and full of chocolate flavor, just like regular brownies! Their texture is chewy and fudgy without the use of refined oil or granulated sugar.
- All natural peanut butter, or other nut butter of choice
- Cocoa powder
- Vegan protein powder (best chocolate flavored)
- Vanilla extract, vanilla bean or vanilla sugar
- Baking powder
- (Sugar-free) vegan chocolate chips
- Optional: sea salt
🧉 What protein powder to use?
You can use your favorite protein powder brand, but it should be chocolate flavored.
For this recipe, we use Earth Chimp! It is made with wholesome ingredients and contains not only a load of plant protein but also full of probiotics and digestive enzymes. Earth Chimp is also free of any added sugars, keeping your shakes and baked goods clean.
The team of Earth Chimp was so kind and provided us with a discount code, so make sure to use 27JACQUIW for 27% off your order on Amazon, and to support this blog!
Keep in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or in the fridge for up to 5 days.
❄️ How to freeze
To freeze store in a freezer-friendly bag or container, label with the date of freezing, and squeeze out any excess air. They keep fresh in the freezer for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight on the countertop or in the fridge. Alternatively defrost by heating them shortly in your (convection) oven.
Flourless Chocolate Brownies
- 9 by 13-inch sheet for thin, or 8x8" pan for thicker brownies
- mixing bowl, fork or whisk, potato masher to mash bananas, spatula, parchment paper
- 4 ripe bananas (ca. 400g / 14 oz)
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter, or other nut butter of choice (100g)
- ⅓ cup Cocoa powder (35g)
- ⅓ cup Vegan protein powder (best chocolate flavored)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, vanilla bean or vanilla sugar
- 1 teaspoon Baking powder aluminum free
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips, sugar free (80g)
- optional: sprinkles of sea salt
- Preheat your oven to 180°C / 355°F. Grease and line your baking sheet or pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add bananas and mash them, either with a fork or a potato masher. Once mashed add peanut butter, cocoa powder, protein powder, vanilla, baking powder, and an optional pinch of salt. Whisk together until a smooth batter forms.
- Fold in chocolate chips and bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Cut into bars, sprinkle with sea salt (optional) and enjoy!
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your creations.
Andrea White says
love how delicious these brownies turned out! so good!
Rosanna Stevens says
These were so delicious! And the texture was perfect
Nataly Henao says
Sooo delicious and easy to make
Thank you for your feedback!
Katie Jacques says
These flourless brownies are a dream come true! So delicious and easy to make!