These Halloween Fortune cookies are an easy-to-make and decorative addition to your Halloween candy bar! Bring good fortune to your spooky celebrations.
This post is supported by Ty Ling. A big thanks to the supporting brands that make The Simple Sprinkle possible! As always, all thoughts and opinions shared are my own.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (no eggs & dairy-free)
- Unusual Halloween candy
- Decorative and fun
🥠 What do I need to make Halloween fortune cookies?
To make these Halloween fortune cookies you need only a few ingredients:
- Ty Ling's Fortune Cookies
- Vegan white chocolate
- Colorful vegan chocolate or food coloring of choice to color white chocolate
- Halloween sprinkles
👩🏽🍳 How to make Halloween fortune cookies
Follow these simple steps, to create these playful Halloween fortune cookies. (You can find more detailed instructions in the recipe card at the end of this article.)
- Melt chocolate.
- Then, dip the top part of a fortune cookie into the melted chocolate.
- Immediately, over a clean bowl, sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles while holding the non-chocolate-dipped tips.
- Place on the baking sheet for the chocolate to harden. Repeat until no melted chocolate remains.
- Once hardened, serve on a spooky plate and enjoy!
💭 Common questions
- Are sprinkles vegan? The short answer to this question is sometimes. We have an extensive article on sprinkles with a brand list. For this recipe, I used these vegan sprinkles.
- Where to get vegan white chocolate? Vegan white chocolate can be tough to find! I personally order it in bulk online, so I always have some on hand. However, sometimes stores like Sprouts, Whole Foods or Harmons carry vegan white chocolate as well. As an alternative, you can also make it from scratch at home.
- How to store Halloween fortune cookies? These are best eaten within the first couple of days of making and best kept in an air-tight glass jar or container in the fridge.
Halloween Fortune Cookies
- parchment paper, baking sheet, microwave-safe bowls
- 15 of Ty Ling's Fortune Cookies (1 package + 1 extra in case a few cookies break)
- ½ cup Vegan white chocolate, or already colored chocolate (100g)
- Halloween sprinkles
- food coloring of choice if using white chocolate (purple, black, green, or orange) make sure to use a food coloring suitable for chocolate
- Unpack fortune cookies and line a big baking sheet with parchment. In a clean microwave-safe bowl, microwave ¼ cup of white chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir it until smooth and melted.
- Dip the top part of a fortune cookie into the melted white chocolate. Immediately, over a clean bowl, sprinkle it with your favorite Halloween-themed sprinkles while holding the non-chocolate-dipped tips. Place on the baking sheet for the chocolate to harden. Repeat until no melted chocolate remains.
- Then, in a clean microwave-safe bowl, microwave the remaining ¼ cup of white chocolate for 30 seconds. Stir until smooth and melted. Mix in desired food coloring while stirring. As an alternative, use already-colored vegan chocolate.
- Dip fortune cookies into the melted colored chocolate, sprinkle with Halloween sprinkles, and place on the baking sheet to harden. Once hardened, serve on a spooky plate and enjoy!
The provided nutritional information is an estimate. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.