Spring is the perfect time to host an outdoor gathering and impress your guests with a visually stunning and healthy Crudité Platter.
In this blog post, we cover everything you need to know to create a delicious vegan-friendly spring crudité platter that will have your guests asking for the recipe.
A spring-themed crudité platter is a colorful and healthy option for your next gathering. With a mix of fresh vegetables, delicious dips, and garnishes like edible flowers and fresh herbs, it's sure to impress your guests.
Follow our simple instructions and tips to create a visually stunning platter that everyone will enjoy.
If you are a fan of charcuterie and grazing boards. Make sure to also check out our collection!
This blog post is supported by Cutting Vedge. A big shoutout to the supporting brands that make The Simple Sprinkle possible! As always, all opinions shared are my own.
🤔 What is a Crudité Platter?
Crudité platter is French, meaning "raw vegetables." It is a popular appetizer or snack that consists of (as the name indicated) various raw vegetables, such as carrots, cucumbers, celery, and radishes, arranged on a platter. The platter is usually accompanied by a dip, such as hummus, ranch, or cream cheese, and sometimes includes nuts, olives, and fruits.
👩🏽🍳 How to Make a Spring-Themed Crudité Platter
To create a visually stunning crudité platter, you'll need a mix of colorful and fresh vegetables. You can choose any vegetables that are in season, but for a spring-themed platter, we recommend using carrots with tops, asparagus, cauliflower, radishes, peas, celery, and such. You can also add strawberries or berries for a pop of color.
- Wash, cut, and prepare all vegetables in advance.
- Prepare dips, antipasti, and anything that needs to be cooked in advance.
- Add the dips, olives, and nuts to separate small bowls and place them in the center or on the side of the board to anchor them.
- Add the biggest pieces such as celery, carrots, and carrot greens on the bottom. Followed by smaller pieces working from the center out and around.
- Garnish with edible flowers or herbs. Garnish the dips with olive oil, fresh herbs, or green onion as desired.
🥕 Cutting Vedge's Veggie Forward Sliced Sausages
Cutting Vedge's Veggie Forward™ Sliced Sausages are a delicious and convenient alternative to traditional meat-based sausages. Made with high-quality plant-based ingredients, these sausages are better for you and the planet.
They are gluten-free, non-GMO, and contain no artificial preservatives, colors, or flavors. Plus, they are incredibly versatile and complement a spring-themed Crudité platter well. Whether you're a vegetarian, vegan, or simply looking to reduce your meat consumption, Cutting Vedge's Sausages are a great choice that won't compromise on taste or texture.
💡 Tips for the best Crudité
We have a few tips for you, so you create the most stunning Crudité platter first try!
- Choose a mix of colorful and fresh vegetables for visual appeal. (Make sure they look fresh and appealing when purchasing and store them properly until usage.)
- Use dips, antipasti, olives, nuts, or crackers to add flavor and texture.
- Use a charcuterie board set. It will make your crudité look attractive, it's convenient to use, easy to clean, and adds an extra touch of elegance to your presentation.
- Arrange the vegetables in a circular pattern, working from the center out and around.
- Use edible flowers, carrots and/or celery greens, fresh herbs, and rainbow cauliflower to add a pop of color and freshness.
💭 Common questions
You can use any vegetables that are in season, but some popular choices include carrots, cucumbers, celery, radishes, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, and cauliflower.
Yes, you can wash and cut the vegetables a day or two in advance. However, be sure to store them properly. Same with any dips you are preparing in advance: store them in separate air-tight containers in the fridge and wait with the garnish until shortly before serving.
Spring Crudité Platter
- round charcuterie board or wooden board
- serving utensils
- 1-2 package of Cutting Vedge Sausage Slices
- 10 carrots with tops
- 1 large rainbow cauliflower cut into florets and steamed or blanched
- 1 bunch radish sliced
- 2 cucumbers sliced in sticks
- 1 pints colorful cherry tomatoes
- 8 mini bell peppers halved and deseeded
- 20 mini rainbow carrots (snack carrots, add more as needed)
- 10 stalks celery with celery tops as decoration
- 1 pint strawberries (or berries, cherries, apples, or grapes)
- Wash, cut, and prepare all vegetables in advance. Following the package instructions, fry or bake Cutting Vedge Sausage Slices.
- Add the dips, olives, and nuts to separate small bowls and place them in the center or on the side of your board to anchor them. Add the celery, carrots, and carrot greens on the bottom.
- Followed by cucumber, radish, bell pepper, snack carrots, cherry tomato, and cauliflower working from the center out and around. Top with cutting vedge sausage slices, and garnish such as edible flowers, or herbs.
- Garnish the dips with olive oil, fresh herbs, or green onion as desired.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
For food safety see guidelines at USDA.gov.