POV: You want Vegan Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies! These super easy, soft and chewy cookies are out of this world! Entirely plant based and made in just thirty minutes with zero chill time. Delivering you the most perfect ooey, gooey, chocolatey cookies of your dreams.
These are classic chocolate chip cookies made without dairy butter, (cows) milk or eggs! This is my absolute favorite quick cookie recipe to whip up when I am craving something sweet, or am about to feed a crowd (especially when non-vegans are around). No one would ever guess that these are plant based. Everyone always gets so amazed by these - a vegan treat with a true "wow" effect!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Easy to make
- Ready in just 30 minutes
- Classic baking made vegan
- Chewy, gooey, chocolatey
- So indulgent!
- Only 11 pantry friendly ingredients
🎥 How-to video
Make sure cookies are completely cooled before storing. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. Shortly warm and soften in the microwave before serving if wished.
❄️ How to freeze
These cookies freeze well. Store them in a freezer-safe bag labeled with the name and date. Squeeze out extra air and place flat in the freezer. To save space, you can flat-stack freezer bag. They keep fresh for 3 to 4 months.
To thaw place on a plate and let come to room temperature on the countertop. Shortly warm in microwave, or oven, to refresh.
Vegan Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- electric mixer (stand, or hand mixer)
- 3 oz softened vegan butter (85g)
- 2 fl ou vegetable oil, or avocado oil (60ml)
- 2.8 oz cane sugar (80g)
- 2.8 oz brown sugar (80g)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2.1 fl oz plant milk, eg almond milk (65ml)
- 10.5 oz all-purpose flour, unbleached* (300g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- A pinch of salt
- 3.5 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips, vegan (100g)
- sea salt, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. In a mixing bowl beat vegan butter and sugars until fluffy. Add vegetable oil and beat again. Mix plant milk with vanilla extract. Add to butter mixture and beat until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Add dry mixture cup by cup to the creamy mixture while beating until cookie dough forms. Shortly fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop dough onto a sheet, leaving around 2 inches/5cm space between the cookies. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Let cookies cool down until save to eat. Enjoy!
For more recipes browse our cookie page.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.