These vegan peanut butter cookies taste amazing, are whipped up in minutes and are easy to make!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (dairy-free and no eggs)
- Ready in 30 minutes
- A delicious and comforting classic
- Chewy sweet and salty cookie
👩🏽🍳 How to make peanut butter cookies
To make peanut butter cookies start by:
- Beating the wet ingredients until creamy.
- Then add dry ingredients and mix until a shaggy cookie dough forms. Fold in nuts, if wished.
- Scoop and shape into balls. Place into a prepared baking sheet lined with parchment, and press the dough balls down with a fork.
- Bake and enjoy! Optional you can sprinkle these cookies with sea salt, or drizzle them with chocolate syrup.
Find a more detailed recipe with an ingredient list in the recipe card at the end of this article.
💭 Common questions
How to make peanut butter cookies without eggs?
Making peanut butter cookies without eggs is actually very easy, as the peanut butter functions as an egg real replacement binding all the ingredients together. Follow the recipe below for an egg-free tried and true recipe!
Can dogs eat peanut butter cookies?
Generally, these peanut butter cookies are safe for dogs in tiny amounts. However, we do not recommend feeding your dog these vegan peanut butter cookies, as they are made for humans and not dogs. If you want to treat your dog, we recommend this peanut butter dog cookie recipe.
How long do peanut butter cookies last?
Store baked cookies in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to a week.
Can you freeze peanut butter cookies?
Yes, these peanut butter cookies also freeze well! For the most delicious results, freeze the dough balls before baking. When you're ready to enjoy them, remove the balls from the freezer and bake. Already baked cookies are best frozen in a sealed freezer-safe bag or container, where they keep fresh for up to 3-6 months when stored properly.
Vegan Penaut Butter Cookies
- electric mixer, mixing bowl, baking tray, parchment
Peanut Butter Cookies
- Mix peanut butter and sugar with a hand mixer until creamy. Mix in vegetable milk and vanilla. Once creamy, add flour, baking powder, and salt. Optionally fold in chopped nuts such as walnuts or peanuts.
- Preheat your oven to 455°F / 180°C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Use about 1 heaping tablespoon of dough per peanut butter cookie. For even cookie dough balls I like to scoop the dough with an ice cream scoop. Shape the dough into balls with your hands.
- Place balls on a baking sheet, spacing each a few inches apart. Flatten crosswise with a fork.
- Bake in preheated oven for about 10 to 15 minutes until golden brown. Depending on the oven, baking time may vary, so better keep an eye on the peanut butter cookies after 8 minutes. Then remove and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, and/or drizzle with chocolate syrup if wished. Enjoy!
The provided nutritional information is an estimate. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.