This homemade vanilla ice cream recipe uses no eggs and is dairy-free! A super healthy and guilt-free alternative to regular vanilla ice cream. It is ready in minutes with just 3 simple ingredients.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (no eggs and dairy free)
- Gluten free
- Made with only 3 ingredients
- No ice cream machine needed
- Healthy and wholesome!
- Whole Foods Plant Based
- Whipped up in minutes
👩🏽🍳 How to make ice cream without eggs?
There are different techniques on how to make ice cream without eggs. One is to use an ice cream machine. They churn the ice cream, meaning they will whip more air into the mixture and prevent large ice crystals from forming. If you’ve ever wondered why your vegan ice cream turns out icy, it’s because of that!
If you want to make ice cream with an ice cream machine, try this excellent vegan chocolate ice cream recipe from Floured Frame.
🤔 How to make ice cream without an ice cream machine?
Luckily, this no-egg vanilla ice cream recipe does not require you to have an ice cream machine. All you need to make it is a high-speed blender or food processor. If you like it decadent, check out our vegan peanut butter oreo ice cream, which is made with the same technique as this one!
To prepare your guilt-free ice cream you need:
- Frozen bananas
- Coconut milk, or different plant milk of choice
- Vanilla bean, sugar, or extract
🍌 Does it taste like a banana?
It will have a slight undertone of banana flavor, but believe me, it is really subtle! Using bananas is not only adding fiber and nutrition to your homemade ice cream but also gives it a fabulous creamy texture without having to use eggs or dairy!
❄️ How do you freeze bananas?
It is easy to freeze bananas. You can whip them into your freezer with the peel on if you'd like and hold them under hot water for 30 seconds to get the peel off when frozen. Or peel them beforehand and freeze them in a reusable freezer bag.
They should stay in the freezer for a minimum of 8 hours to fully freeze.
Store ice cream in the freezer for up to 1 week in an air-tight freezer-safe container.
Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe (no eggs)
- high-speed blender or food processor, container to store ice cream
- 6 frozen bananas
- ¼ cup coconut milk, or other plant milk of choice (60ml)
- 1 vanilla bean, spit lengthwise (or 1 tablespoon vanilla sugar or extract)
- In your blender or food processor add frozen bananas, and pulse several times until bananas are crumbly. Then add plant milk. Process until smooth, and creamy. Then using a small sharp knife, scrape seeds from vanilla bean and add to ice cream. Serve immediately for soft-serve ice cream or freeze at 3 to 4 hours for scoopable ice cream.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle, or use the hashtag #thesimplesprinkle to show me your creations.