This vegan corn salad is perfect for your summer picnics, potlucks, or BBQs. Fresh, grilled corn on the cob (canned or frozen works too), paired with fresh veggies and a homemade basil vinaigrette. Toss to combine, season, and serve! A vegan summer salad recipe that couldn't be easier.
This post is supported by Monini but as always, all thoughts and opinions are my own. A big thanks to the supporting brands that make The Simple Sprinkle possible.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (no eggs & dairy-free)
- Ready in 30 minutes
- Only 11 ingredients
- Easy vegan summer salad
- Corn salad that feeds a crowd
To make this vegan corn salad you will need just a few simple ingredients:
Season the salad with a refreshing basil and mustard vinaigrette. To make it you need:
- Basil Olive Oil
- Apple cider vinegar
- Sweet mustard
- Juice from a lime
- Salt and pepper
🫒 Using Monini's Basil Infused Olive Oil
Monini has a wide range of products, such as oils and vinegar. Their oils are exclusively made from natural farming, and free of any artificial fertilizers or chemical pesticides!
For this salad we are making a basil vinaigrette, using Monini's basil extra-virgin olive oil. Their flavored olive oils are 100% organic, high quality, and full of aromatic flavors. Perfect to dress with this corn salad!
🥗 How to make vegan corn salad
To make a vegan corn salad from scratch start by grilling your corn cobs. While your freshly grilled corn is cooling, whisk all ingredients for the vinaigrette together and set aside. Next, combine all ingredients in a salad bowl, cut corn off the cob and add as well. Toss to combine and dress with basil vinaigrette.
On the lookout for more vegan summer salads? Try this taco pasta salad, simple berry salad, or this crunchy broccoli pasta salad!
🌽 How to grill corn on the cob
Grilling corn on the cob is very easy. Here is how you do it:
- First, shuck the husks off the corn cobs. Add 1 to 2 inches (2.5 - 5cm) of water to a large skillet and bring it to a boil. Add shucked corn ears and pre-cook for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating to cook on all sides. Drain water.
- Heat grill on medium-high heat. Brush corn lightly with olive oil and grill for around 5 to 10 minutes, rotating it as it cooks, until golden on all sides.
- Once you reach the desired amount of char, remove the corn cobs from the grill and allow them to cool.
👩🏽🍳 How to cut corn off the cob
- Allow the corn cobs to cool so you can handle them without burning your hands.
- On a large plate or in a wide shallow bowl, hold the corn cob upright. Using a sharp knife slice the kernels off the cob. Be sure not to cut too deep into the corn cobs. You do not want to remove the hard rough core.
💭 What to do if you don't have a grill
You can roast corn cobs in the oven, or use frozen or canned corn. If using canned corn it is best to use a fire-roasted variety mixed with a teaspoon of smoked paprika for a smokey flavor.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 - 5 days. We do not recommend freezing leftovers.
Vegan Corn Salad Recipe
- 26.5 oz Corn on the cob (ca. 750g, which is around 6 to 8 ears of corn)
- ½ Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Tomato, diced
- 1 Cucumber, sliced and quatered
- 1 small Jalapeño, thinly sliced
Basil Mustard Vinaigrette
- 4 tablespoon Monini's Basil Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoon Apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Sweet mustard
- Juice from one lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add 1 to 2 inches (2.5 - 5cm) of water to a large skillet and bring it to a boil. Add shucked corn ears and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, rotating to cook on all sides. Drain water. Heat grill on medium-high heat. Brush corn lightly with olive oil and grill for around 5 to 10 minutes, rotating it as it cooks, until golden on all sides. Allow corn to cool.
Prepare basil vinaigrette
- Whisk dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut corn off of the cob and add it to a large salad bowl. Add remaining salad ingredients and drizzle with the desired amount of dressing. Toss to combine. Serve immediately or refrigerate until ready to serve.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.
This corn salad is so good! Everyone loved it at the BBQ!
Such a simple and delicious vegan corn salad. I love the dressing made with Moninis basil olive oil with lime.
Andrea White says
All about the corn right now and this corn salad hit the spot! SO so good!
Healthy and delicious corn salad. We had it last night and it was just perfect, thanks!
Katie Jacques says
Incredible vegan corn salad! Perfect healthy recipe to make throughout the week!