This gooey and chocolaty Vegan S'mores Pie will give you campfire vibes at home! Layers of Graham cracker crust, chocolate pudding, and roasted Marshmallows form a beautiful summer dessert for home. This sweet pie is a way to bring this outdoor snack into the comfort of your own oven.
🏕️ A slice of summer
Perhaps you find yourself stuck indoors? This pie is the perfect alternative to a fire pit s'mores experience! It will satisfy everyone from the comfort of your kitchen! Use this recipe to celebrate National S'mores day on August 10th.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Perfect summer dessert
- Quick and easy-to-make
- Make it gluten free, by using GF graham crackers
It's easiest to use a food processor to make the Graham cracker crust, but if you don't have one you can stick them into a ziplock bag and crush crackers by hand.
To recreate a true s'more taste, use a kitchen torch to brown vegan marshmallows (alternatively stick the pie under your broiler shortly).
🤔 Are Graham crackers vegan?
Not all store-bought Graham crackers are vegan! I highly recommend checking the ingredient list before purchasing any products. To help you find the perfect brand read my article about Graham crackers.
🍡 Are Marshmallows vegan?
Usually, Marshmallows contain gelatin, which makes them non-vegan. However, there are many brands that make vegan Marshmallows nowadays. One of the most common brands in the US is Dandies.
💭 Can I make it gluten free?
Graham Crackers are usually not gluten free, but some brands have gluten free versions nowadays. Read my article on Graham crackers, to find a variety of gluten free brands.
You could also make your own at home. Gutsy Baker has a fantastic recipe for gluten-free Graham crackers (if you don't eat honey simply substitute with agave).
Store covered in your fridge for up to 4 days. This recipe is not freezer friendly.
Vegan S'mores Pie Recipe (easy)
- Ø23cm / 9" pie pan; OR Ø20cm / 8"inch pie pan for a thicker crust, saucepan, food processor, kitchen torch
- 250 grams vegan marshmallows, eg Trader Joe's (8.8 oz)
Graham Cracker Crust
- 155 grams vegan Graham crackers (5.4 oz)
- 70 grams avocado oil, or other vegetable oil of choice (5 tbsp)
- ½ teaspoon ground Cinnamon
Homemade Chocolate Pudding
- 6 tablespoons tapioca starch, or corn starch
- 4 tablespoons filtered water
- 650 mililiters plant milk, eg: almond, soy, oat (2 ¾ cups)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 60 grams cane sugar (¼ cup)
- 40 grams unsweetened cocoa powder (½ cup )
- 50 grams vegan semi sweet chocolate chips (¼ cup)
- To prepare the crust, add Graham crackers and oil to a food processor and pulse until all the ingredients are moistened. If you don't have a food processor: crush crackers in a ziplock bag. Then add to a bowl and mix in oil with a fork. Spread the mixture evenly in the pan. Using your fingertips, firmly press the mixture into the pie pan. Bake for 5-8 minutes at 180°C / 350°F until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.The crust can be substituted with a store-bought graham cracker crust.
- To prepare pudding filling, combine cornstarch and water to form a paste in a small bowl. In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together soy milk, vanilla, sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch mixture. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture boils. Continue to cook and stir until the mixture thickens. Remove from heat. The pudding will continue to thicken as it cools.The pudding can be substituted store-bought pudding, or instant mix.
- To assemble pie pour pudding into prepared pie shell. Top in a circle motion with marshmallows. Then let cool in the fridge until completely cooled and set. (Takes around 2-3 hours.) Shortly before serving brown marshmallows by using a kitchen torch. Enjoy!If you don't have a kitchen torch: set the pie on top of a baking sheet and place it under the broiler until lightly charred, about 45 seconds to a minute. Keep an eye on the pie during that.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.