Learn how to make vegan air fryer pizza rolls from scratch! They are made with fluffy pizza dough, marinara sauce, and all your favorite pizza toppings. The perfect snack or appetizer that’s ready in no time.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (no eggs & dairy free)
- Indulgent and delicious
- Pizza pinwheels made from scratch
To make air fryer pizza rolls from scratch you need just a few simple ingredients:
- Pizza dough (homemade, but store-bought works too)
- Marinara sauce
- Vegan deli slices or pepperoni (optional)
- Vegan mozzarella cheese shreds
- Extra-virgin olive oil
To make vegan air-fryer pizza rolls from scratch you need a few items:
- Kitchen knife
- A brush (or cooking spray), to grease the air fryer basket and the pizza rolls
🍕 Air fryer pizza rolls variations
Since we are filling these pizza rolls ourselves you can get creative! For variations you can add and/or swap the fillings as you wish. Here are some other ideas for the filling:
- Bell peppers
- Shredded Tofu
- Smoked Tofu
- Other vegan meat alternatives such as fried crumbles, or veg bacon
- Vegan fish (such as tuna or salmon)
- Other vegan cheeses such as veg feta, or cheddar
- Pesto instead of marinara sauce
👩🏽🍳 Serving ideas
These pizza pinwheels are a great appetizer or snack. Serve this with a dipping sauce such as marinara, barbecue, ranch, garlic butter, salsa, vegan cheese sauce, or guacamole.
💭 Common questions
- How do you make pizza dough from scratch? Making pizza dough from scratch is fairly easy. All you need is a few pantry-friendly ingredients and a little bit of time. We have a pizza dough recipe for you!
- What store-bought pizza dough can I use? Any (vegan) store-bought variety should work with this recipe!
- How long do you cook pizza rolls in an air fryer? Cook your prepared pizza rolls for 10 to 14 minutes at 200C / 390F. I’d recommend checking on them after 10 and continuing baking if they still look a bit undone.
- Can I bake these in the oven? Yes, absolutely! To bake your pizza rolls in the oven preheat your oven to 225C / 435F and bake for 10 to 14 minutes.
- How long do you air fry frozen pizza rolls? If you are using frozen pizza rolls this depends a bit on what kind you bought. Toni from Food Sharing Vegan has instructions on how to air fry the smaller squared pizza roll bites. If you are using frozen pizza pinwheels I‘d recommend air frying them at 200C / 390F for 10-14 minutes. But check the package instructions first, a lot of brands have instructions for air frying nowadays.
Air-fryer Pizza Rolls
- 400 g Pizza dough (homemade, but store-bought works too) (14.1oz)
- ½ cup Marinara sauce (110g)
- Vegan deli slices or pepperoni (optional)
- 1 ½ cup Vegan mozzarella cheese shreds (170g)
- 1 tablespoon Extra-virgin olive oil more if needed
- Transfer the prepared pizza dough onto a floured surface. If your dough is coming straight out of the fridge let it come to room temperature beforehand.
- Using your hands, stretch the dough into a rectangular shape. This works best with the steering wheel and fingertip stretch. The rectangle should end up being around 1cm (½ inch) thick.
- With a spoon spread the marinara sauce onto the dough rectangle, leaving room around the edges of the dough. Add the vegan deli slices, then sprinkle with vegan cheese. Roll it up like cinnamon rolls., Use a wet, sharp knife to slice the rolls into 10 portions.
- Preheat your air fryer to 200°C / 390F. Lightly grease your air fryer basket. Rub olive oil at the bottom of each pizza roll, and brush with more oil on top, to prevent them from sticking to the basket. Then place the rolls in a single layer in the air fryer basket. Make sure they don't touch each other. Depending on the size of your air fryer you can fry all 10 or only 5 at a time. Make sure not to overcrowd your air fryer.
- Air fry in the preheated air fryer for 12 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Remove the pizza rolls from the air fryer and serve immediately. Enjoy!
These pizza rolls are my new favourite way to make pizza. And they work so well in the air fryer too. Great recipe.
These pizza rolls and a huge hit at my daughter's sleepover party! I'm planning to make them again for a quick diinner before Halloween trick-or-treating!
Fantastic recipe. I made it for a get-together I had with friends and everyone loved them. Thanks for another delicious recipe!