These Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins are convenient and nutritious. Prepare in advance and have a quick vegan breakfast to go. These muffins will give you lots of energy throughout your morning. Enjoy a bowl of oatmeal that is turned into wholesome fluffy muffins!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Simple and easy to make
- Low sugar recipe
- Made with old fashioned oats
- Bursting with fresh berries
- Perfect for meal prep
Are you in too much of a hurry to cook up a healthy breakfast in the morning? Meal prep can help reduce that stress. Solving your food decisions in advance really frees up your time, willpower, and mental stress.
Prepare these muffins on Sunday for the perfect grab-and-go breakfast for the upcoming week.
📋 Add-in variations
For extra nutrition, blackberries are folded into the muffin batter. However, you can easily customize the add-in to your preferences. Other add-in ideas are:
- Fresh or frozen blueberries, raspberries or wild berry mix
- Diced strawberries
- Diced apple
- Dried berries, cranberries or apricots (diced)
- Nuts chopped, eg: walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts
- Chocolate chips
- Seasonings like cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, 1 teaspoon vanilla extract etc.
You could even divide the batter into half and prepare two different flavors! For example, one half chocolate chips and nuts, and fold into the other half-wild berries.
Instead of regular all-purpose flour, you can also use white whole wheat or spelt flour. To make gluten-free use GF 1:1 flour.
🍽 Serving ideas
Serve warm or enjoy cold, at temperature. To warm a muffin put it shortly in the microwave on low heat (30 to 45 seconds).
Serve with drizzles of syrup or vegan butter.
Store cooled muffins in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in the fridge. To serve warm in the microwave or enjoy at room temperature.
❄️ How to freeze
Freeze in a freezer-friendly container, bag, or wrapped in parchment for up to 2 months. Remove as much air as possible to prevent freezer burn. To thaw place in the fridge overnight, or short in the microwave on low heat.
🥞 More breakfast ideas
Looking for more vegan breakfast recipes? Try our cinnamon streusel muffins or cinnamon oatmeal with baked pear. For more ideas browse our breakfast page.
Oatmeal Breakfast Muffins (vegan)
- food processor, muffin pan (6 jumbo, or 12 regular)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 180 g old fashioned oats (2 cups)
- 140 g unbleached all-purpose flour (1 cup)
- 60 g cane sugar* (¼ cup)
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- a pinch of salt optional
- 180 ml unsweetened plant milk (¾ cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 180 g raspberries
- sparkling sugar for sprinkling
- some maple syrup or vegan butter drizzles for serving
- Preheat oven to 180°C / 355°F.
- In a food processor add two bananas and blend until smooth. Add oats, flour, sugar, peanut butter, vinegar, and optional a pinch of salt. Process and bend together. While your food processor is running pour in plant milk. Once you have a smooth thick dough add baking powder and blend for another 15-20 seconds. Then add raspberries and blend for another 30 seconds for smaller berry pieces. Or remove the blade and fold in with a spatula for whole berries.
- Transfer evenly into your prepared muffin pan. If using, sprinkle with sparkling now. Bake at 180°C / 355°F for 25-30 minutes. They should be slightly browned and spring back when lightly touched.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.
As soon I saw this on The Simple Sprinkle Instagram, I knew I had to make these! They have everything I love about breakfast. I made them in a jumbo muffin tin and they came out perfect...I love how customizable this recipe can be. I’ll definitely be making again 🙂