A healthy Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl made with chickpeas and frozen bananas. This indulgent breakfast bowl is gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, and added sugar-free. It is inspired by my edible cookie dough recipe, which is also made with chickpeas. And, I know it sounds crazy at first. But bare with me, it legitimately tastes like cookie dough and does not taste like beans!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Easy to make
- Ready in just minutes
- Indulgent and satisfying
- High in healthy plant protein
🍽 Benefits of eating chickpeas
Chickpeas (also known as garbanzo beans) are packed with lots of protein and other nutrients. Their nutrients offer a variety of health benefits ranging from weight management to bone health.
They are a great source of fiber, which also makes them a very filling food supporting your digestive health. Additionally they may also help your body manage your blood sugar levels. Chickpeas have many characteristics that may help prevent chronic diseases like heart disease, cancer and diabetes. (source) On top of all that: they are super affordable and easy to find in your local grocery store! The perfect base for your next breakfast bowl!
This smoothie bowl serves 1 person but is very rich and indulgent. If you have any leftovers, store them in the freezer and slightly defrost them before eating. Another option is to turn this smoothie into popsicles. Place any leftovers in a popsicle mold and enjoy later!
🌱 More vegan breakfast ideas
For more smoothie bowl ideas check this roundup out! Are you in the mood for a hearty breakfast? Try this delicious vegan scrambled egg! For more plant-based recipes browse our breakfast page.
Cookie Dough Smoothie Bowl (vegan + high protein)
- high speed blender, or food processor
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 pitted medjool date (add more for more if you want it even sweeter)
- ½ can of chickpeas, drained (drained weight: 3.5 oz / 100g)
- 2 tablespoon plant milk eg: almond, oat, soy (30ml)
- 1 tablespoon nut butter eg: cashew, white almond, peanut
- 1 scoop of vegan vanilla protein powder
- ¼ cup almond flour, or almond meal (optional)
- pinch of salt (optional)
- ⅓ cup vegan chocolate chips of choice (50g)
- chocolate date syrup
- nut butterof choice
- cacao nibs
- seeds (flax meal, chia seeds, hemp seeds etc.)
- fresh fruit (banana, strawberry etc.)
- Add frozen banana, date and chickpeas to a high-speed blender or food processor. Pulse a around six times, until crumbly.
- Add plant milk, nut butter, vanilla protein powder, and salt. If using almond flour, add now too. Blend until smooth.
- Fold in chocolate chips. Pour into a bowl and enjoy!
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.
Michelle Taylor Cehn says
I've never heard of anything like this, so unique I HAD to try it! Delicious!!
Thank you so much for your feedback. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed my recipe!
Omg this is such an indulgent breakfast. We totally loved it.
Thank you so much for trying this recipe, and your feedback!
I've never thought of using chickpeas in my smoothie, genius and delicious!! Love that it's so indulgent yet so healthy and vegan. Love it!
Yeees, it's such a clever way to add some extra nutrients and protein to your smoothie! Thank you for your feedback.
Kayla DiMaggio says
Ummmm yes! Cookie Dough Smoothie bowl?!?! Sign me up! This was so delicious! I loved it!
Yeees! It's such a treat! Thank you for the feedback.
this recipes makes all my cookie dough dreams comes true!
That makes me so happy to hear!
This cookie dough smoothie bowl is the ultimate sweet treat! I can enjoy this any time of day, not just for breakfast. Yum!
Yes, it's a great lunch or snack too. Thank you so much!
Smoothie bowls are the way to my heart and this was no exception. It was so delicious 🙌
Thank you so much for your feedback Katie!