Summer is upon us, so let's switch up our coffee game! This delicious and refreshing Iced Ube Latte is perfect. Not only is it a stunning shade of purple, but it also has a unique flavor that will have you coming back for more. In this blog post, we'll dive into everything you need to know to make this trendy drink.
This post is supported by Highground. A Big shoutout to the supporting brands, making The Simple Sprinkle possible. As always, all opinions shared, are my own.
🤔 What is Ube?
Ube, also known as purple yam, is a popular ingredient in Filipino cuisine and is commonly used in various desserts and drinks. It is a starchy root vegetable that has a vibrant purple color and a sweet, nutty flavor that is similar to sweet potato and pistachio. Ube's vibrant purple color makes it a visually stunning ingredient that has now gained popularity outside of the Philippines.
👩🏽🍳 How to Make an Iced Ube Latte
Making an Iced Ube Latte is simple and easy. All you need is instant coffee, fine cane sugar, ube extract, unsweetened coconut milk, oat milk, and some ice cubes!
- Whip instant coffee, cane sugar, and cold water until frothy.
- Add ube extract, ice cubes, coconut milk, and oat milk to a latte glass.
- Pour the frothy coffee on top, giving it a good stir.
Make sure to follow our detailed recipe at the end of this blog post.
☕ Why use Highground Instant Coffee
Get ready to caffeinate in a flash with Highground's Instant Coffee, the superhero of quick coffee fixes! With the power to transform into a delicious iced drink within minutes, it's the perfect partner for the sweet and nutty flavor of ube. Plus, its rich and bold flavor will give you the kick you need to conquer the day like the coffee-loving champion you are.
💡 Tips for Making the Perfect Ube Iced Latte
We've got your back with some tips and tricks that'll make your taste buds sing! Follow these insider secrets, and you'll be sipping on the most perfect, insta-worthy iced ube latte ever.
- Use Instant Coffee for a quick coffee fix.
- Add maple or hazelnut syrup to your desired level of sweetness.
- For a stronger coffee flavor, use more instant coffee in the recipe.
- Other garnish ideas: (coffee-infused) whipped coconut cream, a sprinkle of ube powder, or ground cinnamon
Iced Ube Latte
- coffee froth, or whisk
- latte glass
- 2 teaspoon Highground's Instant Coffee (decaf)
- 2 teaspoon fine cane sugar
- 2 teaspoon cold water
- A splash ube extract
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ cup oat milk
- Optional: hazelnut or maple syrup to taste
- In a cup or a deep bowl, add the instant coffee, cane sugar, and cold water. Use a coffee frother or electric whisk to whip the coffee until it triples in volume and is frothy (about 2-3 minutes). Set aside.
- In your latte glass, add the ube extract, ice cubes, coconut milk, and oat milk. If using syrup, add it now too. Stir it well with a spoon or straw.
- Then, pour the frothy espresso over the milk. Give it a really good stir. Enjoy!
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
This iced ube latte is so creamy and delicious, and the purple color is beautiful. Thanks for the recipe!
I recently tried the Iced Ube Latte and it was absolutely delicious! The vibrant purple color of the ube latte was so visually appealing and the taste was just as amazing. The creamy texture of the latte blended perfectly with the subtle sweetness of the ube flavor. I loved that this drink was not too sweet, but just enough to satisfy my craving for something indulgent.
What a delicious and pretty drink. It was a first time that I drunk Iced Ube Latte and I already got hooked. yum.