Are you a fan of sweet and creamy lattes? If so, you'll love this vegan brown sugar iced latte recipe! It's the perfect drink for warm days, with a delicious blend of brown sugar, caramel, and frothed plant-based barista milk. Here's everything you need to know to make this delicious drink at home.
This post is supported by Highground. A big shoutout to the supporting brands that make The Simple Sprinkle possible. As always, all thoughts and opinions shared are my own.
☕ What is a brown sugar iced latte?
It is a refreshing and sweet coffee drink made with brown sugar-infused barista milk and a shot of espresso or instant coffee. Serve over ice and topped with frothed milk for a creamy finish.
Our recipe also includes vegan caramel sauce to add an extra touch of sweetness. It contains oat milk (barista edition) which makes it a brown sugar oat latte!
What is a Brown Sugar Oat Latte?
It's a latte containing oat milk, brown sugar, and coffee.
🤔 What is vegan barista milk?
Vegan barista milk is a vegan alternative to regular dairy milk. It is specifically designed to froth and foam like traditional dairy milk. It typically is soy, almond, coconut, or oat milk. Additionally, they often contain added ingredients like stabilizers and emulsifiers to help it froth properly.
Some popular brands of vegan barista milk include:
- Good Karma
- Hope and Sesame
- Minor Figures
- Ripple Foods
- Pacific Foods
- Nut Pods
- WhatIf Foods Bam Nut
- Myracle Kitchen
👩🏽🍳 How to make a vegan brown sugar iced latte
- Start by warming a mixture of brown sugar and barista milk and then froth it.
- Add ice cubes to a glass, pour the mixture over the ice cubes, add instant coffee mixed with cold water, and top with milk foam.
- As a nice variation add caramel sauce to the latte glass before adding ice cubes.
- Follow the instructions of our easy recipe at the end of this article to make it at home!
🥛 How Does Vegan Barista Milk Compare to Regular Milk?
Vegan barista milk is specially formulated to froth and steam like regular milk. It often has a blend of plant-based ingredients, such as soy, oat, or almond milk, to create a similar texture and taste to regular milk. It is a great option for those who want to make latte art or enjoy a frothy latte at home.
📋 Flavor variations
This drink is not only delicious but also easy to customize. You can use any plant milk barista edition you like, such as almond, oat, or soy milk. In addition, adjust the sweetness by adding more or less brown sugar and/or caramel sauce to the mixture. For an extra indulgent treat, you can even top your iced latte with vegan whip cream, or add flavor syrups such as hazelnut syrup.
What are some variations? Some flavor variations include adding cinnamon, nutmeg, or caramel sauce.
Brown Sugar Iced Latte Recipe (vegan)
- ½ cup vegan barista milk
- 1 tablespoon vegan caramel sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 cup water (filtered)
- 2 tablespoon Highground instant coffee
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar and milk, and warm over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and froth the mixture using a handheld frother until the brown sugar is dissolved and the milk is frothed. Set aside to cool.
- While the milk is cooling, add caramel sauce to a latte glass. Dip the handheld coffee frother into the caramel sauce, lift it up, and froth for one second, so the sauce splashes on the inside of the glass. Repeat until you have 4-5 decorative caramel circles.
- Mix cold water with Highground’s instant coffee.
- Add ice cubes to the latte glass and pour the brown sugar-infused milk over the ice cubes. Add the coffee, then pour the remaining milk foam on top. Enjoy immediately!
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.
💭 Common questions
- How many calories are in a Brown Sugar Iced Latte? The calorie count may vary depending on the type of milk used. On average, it has around 150-250 calories.
- Can I use regular milk instead of oat milk for a Brown Sugar Iced Latte? Yes, you can use regular milk, but it won't be vegan-friendly. Read our 7 reasons why to go vegan.
- Is a Brown Sugar Iced Latte vegan-friendly? Yes, simply use plant milk like oat milk instead of dairy milk.
- What type of coffee is best for a Brown Sugar Iced Latte? Instant coffee is great to use. It offers several benefits, including convenience, consistency, and a smoother flavor profile. Alternatively, use strong coffee, but remember that you need to wait for it to be cooled and chilled.
- What is the difference between a Brown Sugar Iced Latte and a regular Iced Latte? The difference is, that it has brown sugar in the (oat) milk. The brown sugar gives a sweet and creamy taste.
Jenn Freedman says
This latte is incredible! Currently can't stop making it for an afternoon pick me up!
So easy and tastes like it came from my favorite coffee shop. I'm excited to be making lattes at home now. 😊
this latte is sooo good! so sweet and delicious!
Jacqui Wormington says
Hi Andrea, thank you so much for your feedback! I am happy to hear you enjoy this recipe.