Healthy, easy, and delicious rainbow buddha bowl with a simple tahini dressing. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and enjoy this 15-minute plant-based salad bowl any time of the day!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy-free)
- Whole-Foods Plant-Based Meal
- Nutritious, high protein, and delicious!
- Easy to make
- Ready in just 15 minutes
🌱 Are buddha bowls healthy?
Yes! Buddha bowls contain healthy ingredients packed with nutrients, vitamins, and more. The great thing about buddha bowls is that they are quick to toss together! You can switch them up with different vegetables, fruit, beans, or other protein, dressing, and nuts so you're never bored.
For more buddha bowls and healthy salads browse our wholesome salad section!
- pickled or canned beets
- red onion
- edamame (shelled)
- baby carrots
- yellow and red cherry tomatoes
- white sesame seeds
Top this rainbow buddha bowl with your favorite dressing like a simple tahini dressing! I also have a recipe for that! The exact measurements and instructions are in the recipe card at the end of this article. Here is what you need to make a simple tahini dressing:
- soy sauce
- filtered water
- Juice of 1 lime, freshly pressed
- Garlic powder and onion powder, or freshly pressed garlic
- And optional for spice add red pepper flakes or chili powder
💭 Are buddha bowls good for weight loss?
Buddha bowls can be an excellent meal choice for helping you with your weight loss journey. However, it is important to watch what exactly you are putting into your buddha bowls and to watch your portion sizes.
Because in the end, if you are trying to lose extra weight it comes down to the ratio of how much and what you ate, as well as how much you moved and burned that day.
Rainbow Buddha Bowl Recipe
- To assemble the bowl, start by laying out a bed of spinach. Followed by a line of cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, yellow cherry tomatoes, edamame, red onion, and red beets.
- In a bowl or measuring cup add tahini, soy sauce, water, juice of one lime, and seasonings. Whisk until creamy. Store leftover dressing in an air-tight container in the fridge.
- Drizzle dressing over the plate or bowl and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Enjoy!
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.