Learn how to make Vegan Whipped Cream! This Vegan Whipped Cream is made with simple and inexpensive ingredients. It’s ready in a couple minutes, super creamy, fluffy and delicious! Perfect for frosting cakes, as topping on pies, ice creams, pancakes and more.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Gluten free
- Creamy, fluffy and delicious
- Great for frosting cakes and piping
- Top on pie, ice cream, pancakes and more!
- Simple and inexpensive Ingredients
🥥 Does it taste like coconut?
It has a subtle flavor of coconut in it. It's not overwhelming though. Especially with the added sugar and vanilla, you can barely taste the coconut. The texture is exactly like dairy based whipping cream! Personally, I think this is the best vegan whipping cream I ever had and made! I am a huge fan of it and I am sure you'll be a fan soon too.
However, if you really hate coconut flavor this recipe may not be the right one for you.
💭 My whipped cream is too stiff, what can I do?
If your coconut whipped cream is too stiff, add some of the reserved liquid from the can to help it blend smoother and create more air! Be careful when adding though, you don’t want it to get too wet, or goopy.
💭 How to get rid of clumps in my whipped cream?
Keep whipping and scraping down the sides. For convenience, I recommend using an electric stand mixer. Sometimes the coconut cream needs to warm up a little bit to break up. If nothing helps and add a little bit of the reserved liquid from the can to soften the mixture, whip again.
🍽 Serving ideas
Use this vegan whipped cream as you would use a regular one. Combine and top on your favorite coffee cakes, pancakes, ice cream, or other desserts. This plant-based whipped cream works great as a frosting for layer cakes as well!
Store in an air-tight container in your fridge. This coconut whipped cream keeps fresh for around 8 days in an air-tight container in your refrigerator.
❄️ How to freeze
Freeze it in an airtight freezer-safe bag or container for up to 1 month. Label with the date of freezing.
How To Make Vegan Whipped Cream
- 2 cans of coconut cream, cooled overnight
- 60 g powdered sugar, more if needed (½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, or: 1 package vanilla sugar (8g)
When used as cake frosting
- ½ teaspoon vegan butter imitation flavor
- Preparation, the night before: Put cans of coconut cream in the fridge overnight.
- Gently take cans of coconut cream out of the fridge and let warm for a couple of minutes. Don't shake them around. Open cans, then with a spoon gently take out the hard part of the coconut cream and add to a mixing bowl. There may be some liquid on the bottom, so be careful when spooning. You want to keep the liquid away from the cream.
- Whip with an electric mixer with the whisk attachment until smooth. Weigh and sift powdered sugar into the mixing bowl. If you want your cream sweeter, add more sugar. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla extract and whip until extract is blended in. If you're planning on using the coconut whipped cream as a cake frosting add ½ teaspoon of vegan butter imitation flavor too. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. It will firm up a bit more in the fridge!
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.