Raw vegan, and gluten-free - this No Bake Avocado Lime Cheesecake is going to be one of the best refreshing desserts you have ever tried. A sweet and chocolatey crust combined with a smooth, and tangy cream. With only 9 simple ingredients, this dessert turns out to be beyond heavenly!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Raw no bake cake
- SOS free - refined sugar free, no oil, no salt
- Whole Foods Plant Based
- Gluten free
💭 How to naturally sweeten the cake
The crust base is naturally sweetened with dried cherries, which also help the crust to stick together. Make sure to pick dried cherries that have no added sugar, like Sunrise Fresh.
The creamy base is sweetened with date syrup. You can get it online, but most grocery stores carry date syrup in their range nowadays (even Walmart has it!).
However, it is super easy to make at home too. Simply soak 1 Cup of pitted Medjool Dates in 1 Cup of hot water for 1-4 hours. Then add soaked dates with water to a food processor or mixer and blend until you have a thick syrup. Done! Additionally, we are adding coconut cream for its creaminess and subtle sweetness.
For this recipe you need only 9 simple ingredients.
- Dried cherries
- Raw pecans
- Coconut chips
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 to 5 avocados
- Coconut cream, chilled overnight
- Date syrup
- Fresh lime juice
- Agar-agar flakes
- Hot water for the agar agar
Keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
❄️ How to freeze
To freeze cut into pieces and place them on a sheet into the freezer. Freeze for 3-4 hours until solid, then transfer in a freezer-friendly bag. Squeeze out any excess air, label with the date of freezing. It keeps fresh for around 2 months. Thaw overnight in fridge.
🍰 More desserts
In the mood for more creamy sweets? Try German 'Herrencreme' - a vanilla pudding dessert with rum and dark chocolate shavings. For more plant-based sweets and dessert ideas browse our recipe page.
No Bake Avocado Lime Cheesecake
- 20 cm / 8 "inch springform pan
- 150 g dried cherries, pitted and no added sugar* (5.3 oz)
- 100 g pecans (3.5 oz)
- 30 g coconut chips (7 tbsp)
- 25 g unsweetened cocoa powder (¼ cup)
- 560 g avocado, approx. 4 to 5 (19.7 oz)
- 100 g coconut cream, chilled overnight* (3.5 oz)
- 120 g date syrup* (½ cup)
- fresh juice of 2 limes; you can use more if you want it tangier (ca. 60ml - ¼ cup)
- 8 g agar flakes (2 tbsp)
- 120 ml hot water to cook agar-agar (½ cup)
- To prepare the crust place all ingredients for the base in a high-powered blender and blend until crumbly. Spread the crumbly mixture on the bottom of your springform pan and press down well. Place in refrigerator.
- To prepare the cream blend avocado, chilled coconut cream, date syrup, and lime juice in a blender until creamy. Add agar-agar to a small saucepan of water and bring to a boil, stirring, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the mixture to the cream and blend well again. Spread the cream on the crust base and refrigerate the avocado cheesecake for at least 4 hours to set. Then carefully remove from the mold and serve.
This recipe was inspired by Mrs Flury's Avocado Cheesecake 2.0 (German recipe).
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.
Lisa Porter says
I absolutely love the concept of using dried fruit and nuts in the crust. Great recipe...and beautiful too!
This sounds so delicious, the textures and flavours and I love the idea of using avocado. Can’t wait to make it and thank you so much for the recipe!
Amazing cheesecake!! I've never tried avocado in a cheesecake before but I am here for it!
I love avocados and I like this no baked dessert, its easy to make and yes to vegan desserts
Emily Flint says
The crust was delicious, the filling was delicious...what else can I say?? A new favorite of mine for sure!
wow i cant believe you can use avocadoes to make cake!! great idea babe!
Mihaela | https://theworldisanoyster.com/ says
This is a creative idea and the cake looks fabulous! Must try!
This was so simple to make and tastes heavenly! My kids loved the color, thanks!
Katie Jacques says
Love this no-bake recipe! Super easy to make and tastes so delicious!
Gina Abernathy says
Definitely on my list of cheesecakes to try. Avocado is a favorite of mine.