Raw vegan, and gluten-free - this No Bake Avocado Lime Cheesecake is going to be one of the best refreshing desserts you have ever tried. A sweet and chocolatey crust combined with a smooth, and tangy cream. With only 9 simple ingredients, this dessert turns out to be beyond heavenly!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Raw no bake cake
- SOS free - refined sugar free, no oil, no salt
- Whole Foods Plant Based
- Gluten free
💭 How to naturally sweeten the cake
The crust base is naturally sweetened with dried cherries, which also help the crust to stick together. Make sure to pick dried cherries that have no added sugar, like Sunrise Fresh.
The creamy base is sweetened with date syrup. You can get it online, but most grocery stores carry date syrup in their range nowadays (even Walmart has it!).
However, it is super easy to make at home too. Simply soak 1 Cup of pitted Medjool Dates in 1 Cup of hot water for 1-4 hours. Then add soaked dates with water to a food processor or mixer and blend until you have a thick syrup. Done! Additionally, we are adding coconut cream for its creaminess and subtle sweetness.
For this recipe you need only 9 simple ingredients.
- 4 to 5 avocados
- Coconut cream, chilled overnight
- Date syrup
- Fresh lime juice
- Agar-agar flakes
- Hot water for the agar agar
Keep covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
❄️ How to freeze
To freeze cut into pieces and place them on a sheet into the freezer. Freeze for 3-4 hours until solid, then transfer in a freezer-friendly bag. Squeeze out any excess air, label with the date of freezing. It keeps fresh for around 2 months. Thaw overnight in fridge.
🍰 More desserts
No Bake Avocado Lime Cheesecake
- 20 cm / 8 "inch springform pan
- 150 grams dried cherries, pitted and no added sugar* (5.3 oz)
- 100 grams pecans (3.5 oz)
- 30 grams coconut chips (7 tbsp)
- 25 grams unsweetened cocoa powder (¼ cup)
- 560 grams avocado, approx. 4 to 5 (19.7 oz)
- 100 grams coconut cream, chilled overnight* (3.5 oz)
- 120 grams date syrup* (½ cup)
- fresh juice of 2 limes; you can use more if you want it tangier (ca. 60ml - ¼ cup)
- 8 grams agar flakes (2 tbsp)
- 120 mililiters hot water to cook agar-agar (½ cup)
- To prepare the crust place all ingredients for the base in a high-powered blender and blend until crumbly. Spread the crumbly mixture on the bottom of your springform pan and press down well. Place in refrigerator.
- To prepare the cream blend avocado, chilled coconut cream, date syrup, and lime juice in a blender until creamy. Add agar-agar to a small saucepan of water and bring to a boil, stirring, and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the mixture to the cream and blend well again. Spread the cream on the crust base and refrigerate the avocado cheesecake for at least 4 hours to set. Then carefully remove from the mold and serve.
The provided nutritional information is an estimate. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
This recipe was inspired by Mrs Flury's Avocado Cheesecake 2.0 (German recipe).
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.