Make vegan Chipotle Sauce with only 4 ingredients! It is a great staple to spice up your tacos, burritos, sandwiches, and much more.
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (dairy-free & no eggs)
- Made in less than10 minutes
- 4 Ingredients only!
- Whole Foods Plant Based
- Creamy Oil-Free Sauce
- Full of flavor and spice
📋 What is vegan chipotle sauce made of?
Silken Tofu: it creates the creamy dairy-free base of our sauce. It is rich in protein, and nutrients. It is a healthy ingredient, allowing us to keep this sauce oil free!
Lime: the juice of lime will give this sauce the tanginess it needs.
Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce: this wouldn’t be true chipotle sauce without chipotle peppers! They give the sauce its main flavor and spice. They come in a can, and are an easy find in the US, as most grocery stores should have them.
Taco Seasoning: adds a delicious aroma and depth of flavor to the sauce. You can use either a store-bought mix or a homemade mix.
👩🏽🍳 Serving ideas
This vegan chipotle sauce is perfect for all spicy sauce lovers! Some of our favorite ways to use is:
- In Mexican or Mexican-inspired dishes such as tacos, nachos, enchiladas, burritos, wraps, and more!
- Drizzle on vegetables! Try it with oven-roasted, air-fried, or steamed veggies. One of our favorites is potato, such as on roasted baby potatoes, potato cubes, or homemade fries!
- Use as a condiment on sandwiches or wraps.
- Great as a spicy and smokey burger sauce!
- Drizzle on salads and grain bowls.
💭 Common questions & tips
- Is there an alternative I can use to silken tofu? Yes, if you are looking for an alternative, you could use a mix of vegan mayo and vegan sour cream (or plain vegan yogurt) instead.
- I don’t have a blender, can I make this sauce anyways? Another alternative to using a high-speed blender is using a food processor or immersion blender. However, in order to make this sauce you need to be able to blend the chipotle peppers.
- Want more spice? Add more chipotle peppers with adobo sauce! The more you add, the spicier it gets. My personal sweet spot is 5 peppers, but I like it really spicy.
- My sauce is too runny. When freshly made the sauce may appear to be a bit runny. However, after letting it rest in the fridge overnight it will thicken a lot! Give it some time, this will also help enhance the flavors.
- Let the sauce rest! Letting the sauce rest for one day, will enhance its flavors and thicken the sauce. We definitely recommend making this sauce in advance!
Store in an air-tight jar or container, such as a mason jar or reusable squeeze bottle. It keeps fresh in the fridge for up to 3 weeks. We do not recommend freezing the sauce as thawing may separate the ingredients and/or may alter the texture.
Vegan Chipotle Sauce
- high speed blender, or food processor
- glass jar, or reusable squeeze bottle, to store sauce
- 14 oz Silken Tofu (400g)
- 1 Lime (freshly juice)
- 3 Chipotle Peppers in Adobo Sauce add more if you want it spicier
- 3 tbps Taco Seasoning more to taste if desired
- Juice lime. Then add all the sauce ingredients to a high-speed blender and process until all ingredients are combined and creamy.
- Once the sauce is blended, pour it into a glass jar or resuable squeeze bottle. Serve immediately or store in the firdge for up to 2 weeks. The sauce will thicken more over night.
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.
Leave a Reply