This Berry and PB Smoothie Bowl is a fun twist on the classic PB&J sandwich we all love! Combine berries, peanut butter, and plant milk for a delicious smoothie that’s sweet, and lightly nutty. For an extra protein boost add your favorite protein powder, hemp seeds, and/or flax meal!
💡 The recipe in a nutshell
- Vegan (eggless and dairy free)
- Ready in just minutes
- High in plant protein
- PB & J turned into a comforting breakfast bowl
- Whole-foods plant-based
Making a Smoothie Bowl is one of the easiest meals you could make! You only need a high-speed blender (or food processor), your favorite frozen fruit, and a tiny bit of plant milk. Anything else added is extra! Combine all ingredients in your blender and mix until smooth. You can enjoy it right away with a spoon! How awesome is that?!
Benefits of eating berries
Berries are in fact the healthiest fruit to eat! They are 10 times richer in antioxidants compared to other fruit and vegetables. Additionally, they offer potential protection against cancer, a boost to your immune system, and a guard for your liver and brain.
Unlike refined sugar, their natural fruit sugar is very beneficial for your health! Berries have been shown to blunt the insulin spike in your body from high glycemic foods such as white flour. This has a variety of potential short and long-term benefits.
More plant-based breakfast ideas
For more smoothie bowls check this roundup out! Or try this pumpkin pie smoothie recipe. Are you in the mood for a hearty breakfast? Try this delicious vegan scrambled egg! For more plant-based recipes browse our breakfast page.
Berry and Peanut Butter Smoothie Bowl (vegan + high protein)
- high speed blender, or food processor
- ¼ cup plant milk of your choice (I usually use almond milk)
- ⅔ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ⅔ cup frozen strawberries
- 1 scoop vegan (vanilla) protein powder optional
- 1-2 tablespoon all natural peanut butter
- more peanut butter for drizzling (warm up in the microwave shortly to soften, if needed)
- fresh sliced fruit like strawberry, or banana
- coconut chips, or granola
- nuts and seeds like hemp seeds, flax meal, coconut chips, etc.
- Place milk into your blender, or food processor. Add frozen fruit, hemp seeds, protein powder (if using) and peanut butter. Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Pour out into a bowl, or onto a plate. Add toppings as desired. Eat right away with a spoon!
PS: Don't forget to rate this recipe and leave a comment on your experience - this helps improve my recipes and serves you with the best instructions, tips, and substitution ideas. Plus, I love hearing about your takes on my recipes! Tag me on Instagram @thesimplesprinkle to show me your pictures.
I don't think I've ever had berries and peanut butter together. Will have to give this a try.
It's a great combo! Thank you for your feedback.
A super vibrant and incredibly delicious plant-based smoothie bowl! Love its color, texture, taste, everything about it!
Thank you so much Marinela! I'm happy you enjoy this recipe.
Such a great way to get that protein in the mornings! It's beautiful, delicious, and so fun to make.
Yes, it definitely is such a tasty way to get some protein in! Thank you for your feedback Anaiah.
Andrea White says
love the combo in this bowl! so filling and delicious!
Thank you, that makes me happy to hear!
Definitely reminds me of PB&J’s. They were always my favorite growing up. Great smoothie bowl idea!
Thank you for your feedback!