Start your day with a burst of refreshing flavors and make yourself a Blueberry Smoothie Bowl! Packed with antioxidants and vitamins, this bowl features a luscious blend of blueberries, strawberries, and creamy peanut butter.
We love this recipe because you can top it off with your favorite toppings such as crunchy granola, sprinkles of flax seed, or coconut shreds! It is a satisfying and nutritious breakfast that will leave you feeling nourished and ready to conquer the day.
Get ready to whip up a delicious Blueberry Smoothie Bowl with just a handful of simple ingredients. Here's what you'll need:
- Plant milk of your choice such as oat milk
- Frozen wild blueberries
- Frozen strawberries
- All-natural peanut butter
- Optional add-in: Vegan protein powder
See the recipe card below for a full list of ingredients and measurements.
👩🏽🍳 How To Make A Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
Making a Blueberry Smoothie Bowl from scratch requires minimal effort!
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Blend them in a high-speed blender or food processor until velvety smooth.
- Pour it into a bowl, or shallow plate. Top with your favorite toppings!
- Grab a spoon and relish in the instant gratification of this delightful smoothie bowl.
Yup, it's that easy and incredibly satisfying!
Are you looking for substitutions or quicker alternatives? We got you!
- Frozen wild blueberries - Even though the blueberries are the star of this recipe, you can swap them out for frozen raspberries, blackberries, or any fruit or berry blend that you fancy.
- Frozen strawberries - Replace the frozen strawberries with tropical fruits like mango chunks, pineapple, or even bananas.
- All-natural peanut butter - Do you have a nut allergy, or simply don't like peanuts? Go nuts and experiment with sunflower seed butter or tahini. If other nuts are no problem try almond butter or cashew butter.
- Vegan protein powder - Not a fan of protein powder? Add a tablespoon of chia seeds, flax meal, or hemp seeds instead. It's a whole-food way to add extra protein and nutrition.
Get creative with your smoothie bowls! Besides swapping up the base ingredients, play with the toppings too!
- Green power - Boost your smoothie bowl with some greens. Blend a handful of spinach or kale with the blueberries for a vibrant and nutritious bowl. Top it with sliced kiwi, seeds, and a handful of spinach leaves for an extra pop of green.
- Chocolate - Satisfy your chocolate cravings by adding a tablespoon of cocoa powder or a scoop of vegan chocolate protein powder to your blueberry smoothie. Top it with dark chocolate shavings, vegan chocolate chips, or cacao nibs.
- Crunchy Delights - Sprinkle your bowl with a crunchy texture using toppings like homemade granola, coconut flakes, or chopped nuts (such as walnuts, or pecans).
- Creamy - For added creaminess and richness, dollop a spoonful of vegan yogurt, thick dairy-free quark, or coconut whipped cream on top. It adds a delightful contrast to the smoothie base.
The possibilities are endless, so let your imagination soar and have fun experimenting. Make sure to see our other smoothie bowl recipes for more inspiration!
To whip up a delicious Blueberry Smoothie Bowl, you'll need just a few kitchen essentials. A high-speed blender or food processor is essential for blending the frozen fruits and creating a smooth and creamy texture for your smoothie bowl.
Measuring cups and spoons, or a scale, will help you accurately measure the ingredients for your smoothie bowl, ensuring it comes out the same each time.
Using a spatula or spoon will come in handy for scraping down the sides of the blender or food processor.
Last, but not least you need a bowl or a serving dish to beautifully present and enjoy your blueberry smoothie bowl. Have you tried serving your smoothies in coconut bowls yet? They are sustainable and so pretty!
These basic items are all you need to start creating your own delicious smoothie bowls right from the comfort of your kitchen!
While devouring your smoothie bowl fresh is the best way to enjoy it, just in case you want to save some for later (because life happens, right?), here are some storage instructions:
Pour any leftover smoothie into an airtight container and seal it with its lid. If you can store the smoothie base away from the toppings. Pop it in the fridge and enjoy it within the next 24 hours.
🍓 Benefits of Eating Berries
Berries are in fact some of the healthiest fruit to eat! They are 10 times richer in antioxidants compared to other fruit and vegetables. Additionally, they offer potential protection against cancer, a boost to your immune system, and a guard for your liver and brain.
Unlike refined sugar, their natural fruit sugar is very beneficial for your health! Berries have been shown to blunt the insulin spike in your body from high glycemic foods such as white flour. This has a variety of potential short and long-term benefits.
💭 Recipe FAQ
Fresh blueberries can be used instead of frozen, BUT they will result in a thinner drink consistency - like an actual smoothie! Using frozen berries results in a thicker, creamier, and spoonable consistency.
Blueberry smoothie bowls can be part of a healthy weight loss journey when combined with a balanced diet and exercise.
Using a blender is essential in making smoothie bowls and blending frozen fruit together into a creamy, spoonable texture. If you do not have a blender, you can use a food processor instead.
Blueberry Smoothie Bowl
- bowl to serve
- ¼ cup plant milk such as oat milk
- ⅔ cup frozen wild blueberries
- ⅔ cup frozen strawberries
- 1-2 tablespoon all-natural peanut butter
- 1 scoop vegan protein powder optional
- strawberries sliced
- coconut chips
- flax seeds
- more peanut butter (warm up in the microwave shortly to soften, if needed)
- In a blender combine milk, frozen fruit, hemp seeds, protein powder (if using), and peanut butter. Blend the ingredients until you achieve a creamy and smooth consistency.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl or onto a plate, and unleash your creativity by adding your desired toppings. Grab a spoon and enjoy!
The provided nutritional information is an estimate per serving. Accuracy is not guaranteed.
For food safety see guidelines at USDA.gov.
I don't think I've ever had berries and peanut butter together. Will have to give this a try.
It's a great combo! Thank you for your feedback.
A super vibrant and incredibly delicious plant-based smoothie bowl! Love its color, texture, taste, everything about it!
Thank you so much Marinela! I'm happy you enjoy this recipe.
Such a great way to get that protein in the mornings! It's beautiful, delicious, and so fun to make.
Yes, it definitely is such a tasty way to get some protein in! Thank you for your feedback Anaiah.
Andrea White says
love the combo in this bowl! so filling and delicious!
Thank you, that makes me happy to hear!
Definitely reminds me of PB&J’s. They were always my favorite growing up. Great smoothie bowl idea!
Thank you for your feedback!